We take privacy seriously.
Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you contact us through the website we’ll ask for your Contact Information. This includes your First and Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Email Signup Consent, and Message. Providing your Phone Number or Email Signup Consent is optional.
We use the Contact Information you provide to follow up with you on the content of your Message. Your Contact Information is securely stored in a database on our server for no more than 180 days or 14 days after you unsubscribe or request its removal. Your Email Address and Message are retained indefinitely on our secure mail servers.
When you enroll in a membership plan, we will collect your Payment Information, including Credit Card Number, Credit Card Expiration Date, Credit Card Billing Address, and Credit Card Email Address, through a third party payment processor (Stripe). We do not keep or store your Payment Information on our own systems.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website. We currently embed or plan to embed content from Podia, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized User Data in order to improve our website’s content, performance, and usability.
Who we share your data with
What rights you have over your data
How we protect your data
This means that the data that can be breached on this website is limited to First and Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and any Messages you have sent us via the website’s Contact Form or Email Signup.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If a data breach occurs on this website or any website where we maintain a presence (eg, Facebook, Podia), the following procedure will be enacted:
- A potential data breach is discovered
- Alleged data breach is reported to our Privacy Officer
- Privacy Officer researches the alleged data breach to determine what, if any, data has been compromised
- If no data has been breached, the process will end
- If our Privacy Officer determines there was a breach of private information, they will work to contain the breach, assess extent and impact of event, and may also bring in other service providers to assist in containing the breach (eg a third-party security firm)
- After containing the breach, our Privacy Officer will confer with our Legal Counsel to determine whether specific legal protections relate to the breached information and identify the relevant reporting obligations. Our Privacy Officer and Legal Counsel will work together to identify all laws that may impact our response to the breach.
- Our Privacy Officer drafts standard notification letter to individuals affected by breach and sends letters per applicable legal requirements.
- In addition to legally required notifications, our Privacy Officer identifies whether other actions are required to remedy the effects of the breach (e.g. identify theft protection, notification to third parties, etc). Our Privacy Officer also identifies other institutional process deficiencies that must be addressed. If so, our Privacy Officer works with affected groups to ensure their work processes are modified to avoid similar, future breaches.
Not intended for children
This site is a general audience site which is neither designed nor intended to collect personal information from children who are under the age of 13. In order to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act children under the age of 13 should not provide any personal information to this site. We ask that parents supervise their children while online.